[Ltib] Inability to reboot the MPC8349mITX

From: Mark Lacas
Subject: [Ltib] Inability to reboot the MPC8349mITX
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:56:47 -0800

Has anyone experienced the inability to reboot the MPC8349mITX system?
If so does anyone have a cure?

I get this output when I type the reboot command from the shell:

----- beginning of pasted text -----

Stopping the dropbear ssh server:
Stopping inetd:
Syncing hardware clock to system time
Unmounting filesystems
chmod: changing permissions of `/share': Read-only file system

The system is going down NOW !!

Sending SIGTERM to all processes.

Please stand by while rebooting the system.
md: stopping all md devices.

md: md0 switched to read-only mode.

Synchronizing SCSI cache for disk sda:

Restarting system.

Restart failed

----- end of pasted text -----

Looking in the kernel code I find a file ppc83xx_setup.c that has some
reset code in it.  Looks like it's trying to perform a hardware reset
and then if that fails goes into an infinite loop.

I need to use the box from remote for dev and having it hang when I
reboot puts an end to my work.