Re: [Ltib] how to alter a patch file...

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] how to alter a patch file...
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:47:41 +0000

Hi R.J.

You can't prep a patch file.  The idea of a prep is analogous to rpm's
prep command and this is to unpack all the sources and apply all the
patches for a package.

So what you can do is ./ltib -m prep -p <package_name>

So what you need to do is to unpack the sources/patches for the kernel
you are trying to work on and go from there.

So you could try:

$ ./ltib -p kernel -m prep

This will lookup the kernel for the BSP you're working on and unpack it.
You can then get in and make changes and use -m scbuild, -m scdeploy to
test.  When you're done you can use -m patchmerge to capture changes.

However, please remember LTIB is not intended as a substitute for a
proper SCM system.  If you have access to a git tree or some other
proper SCM source for the kernel you want to work with, that is a better
way to go.  LTIB is able to build any kernel by simply using the 'Local
Linux directory build' option (so it can work with git/other).

Regards, Stuart