Re: [Ltib] making ISO release (aka -m release)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] making ISO release (aka -m release)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:22:49 +0000

Hi Andrea,

You're right (in a way).  In which case you need to either remove the
dltest section (I don't recommend this).

Probably the best thing to do is to setup your own local
(company/department) http server as a 'PPP server'.  Your private
patches should be uploaded there.  Once you have your patches there, you
need to update your local CVS's .ltibrc to reference this server using
the %ppp_url tag.

There is nothing magical about a PPP/GPP server, they are just http.
Provided you can do  wget <base_url>/filename you're home and dry.  Note
as well as putting your patches on the server, each one should have a
corresponding .md5 file.

This might seem like a bit of an overhead, but in the long run if you do
it, you'll be glad you did.  It will make a permanent record of your
patches and a way of easily distributing them within your company before
you're ready to push them into the public domain.

Regards, Stuart