Re: [Ltib] Build breaks after using ltib -m clean

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Build breaks after using ltib -m clean
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:07:20 +0000

Hi Mattias,

I'll need to track down this version to see what this error means.

In the mean time, rather than running the distclean you could remove the
merge package with:

$ ./ltib -p merge -m clean

Also if you change anything in a merge directory and re-run ltib it
should notice and re-make that package (adjusting the target files).

The potential problem with not doing distclean (especially on older
versions) is that potentially a new preconfig can trigger an
incompatible platform so unless a full rebuild is done you'd run into
problems.  Also you need to watch out for other dependencies that should
but don't trigger rebuilds (depending on your point of view).  For
example if changing a preconfig changed a toolchain CFLAG then a full
rebuild should (and I think will) be triggered.  So apart from the
obvious rebuilds sometimes less obvious ones may occur (LTIB will print
out why it's re-building usually).

Regards, Stuart