[Ltib] Ltib and Qemu

From: Yuri Ribeiro
Subject: [Ltib] Ltib and Qemu
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:16:26 -0300

Hi,

I'm new in Linux and I'm trying to compile a new kernel for ARM platform
(ARM926EJ-S core).
I'm using Qemu emulator to test my kernel before start to design the
project.
To generate the kernel I'm using the LTIB.
The problem is that when I put the kernel to run under Qemu, nothing
happens (the system halts on a blank screen).
I wonder if I'm doing something wrong when build the kernel.
I'm using the following command line to start Qemu:

        qemu-system-arm -kernel zImage -initrd ramdisk

And I'm not sure if the zImage file generate by the LTIB is, indeed, the
kernel that I must specify in the Qemu command line. If it doesn't the
right file, what I've to do?

Any help will be very welcome.

Thanks,

Yuri.