RE: [Ltib] ltib -m scbuild and the configure file

From: Stephens, Peter A.
Subject: RE: [Ltib] ltib -m scbuild and the configure file
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:26:56 -0400

OK guys.  Thanks for the help.  I was able to put my "Hello world"
application through the entire packaging process, deploy the new
package, run using the new image, and get what I expected when I ran
"test".  I will change the name as Stuart suggested.  The name "test" is
way too generic.

I have not yet decided if I should comment out the "configure" line in
the spec file or just include a dummy "configure" to preserve the notion
of showing what can be put in place if needed.  I will probably do as
PeterB suggested and just go the simple route in the end, but I will
need a few minutes to consider if I might ever need "configure"
capability and whether I will remember how to add it back in if I decide
that I do.

I understand Stuart's comment about the use of LTIB.  I am exercising
this part of the development process so that all users can follow the
same method.

In the long run we will probably want to implement a PPP.  We have our
own server here so we have the flexibility to create one.  It hasn't
reached my priority list yet, but this PPP/GPP/LPP thing is pretty well
thought out so I can see us using this eventually.

P.S.  I love the TWiki page formats for the Ltib docs.  We use TWiki
here as well and it was simple to add the pages.  This project has great
documentation!

Peter A. Stephens
Advanced Engineering
address@hidden