Re: [Ltib] dropbear & telnet : do I need both

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] dropbear & telnet : do I need both
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 10:58:43 +0100

Hi Amit,

The dropbear and telnet problems are unrelated. You can have either/or.
Personally I'd got for dropbear ssh.

Dropbear works fine as root for me on NFS, can you confirm whether or
not you have a problem using NFS.

If it works okay on NFS but not on RAMDISK you need to make sure:
  * Permissions are correct on the files
  * Make sure dropbear has created a ssh key

As far as telnet goes, I don't think you can connect to it as the root
user, this is because that would put your root password in clear text on
the network.  To use telnet please add a non-root user account using
"adduser"

Regards, Stuart