Re: [Ltib] Libtool problems

From: Luis Felipe Strano Moraes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Libtool problems
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:00:56 -0300

Well, the situation is basically that libtool, when doing the
installation stage,
inserts full paths on the dependency_libs variable for some of the libraries.

But since there is no chroot used to build packages, those full paths are
incorrect, and will incurr in error if that .la is used by another package.

The hack I'm doing right now is to use sed to change the reference to a
regular -l<library> call, which works because the /usr/lib inside the rootfs
is specified as a library path with a -L flag.

I'm packaging some of the enlightenment packages, and to get this error
there are three packages involved : Eet is compiled and installed, Evas
(which depends on Eet) is compiled and installed, but has wrong references
for /usr/lib/libeet.la, and then when I'm trying to compile Ecore, it breaks
because it cannot find the library specified.

--lf

--
Luís Felipe Strano Moraes
ProFUSION embedded systems