[Ltib] Startup Problems

From: Mr Junk
Subject: [Ltib] Startup Problems
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 19:02:00 -0700

Good News,

Made some progress by statically linking everything.

Busybox runs, rcS runs, but now I get this.  Sheesh.

init started:  BusyBox v1.1.3 (2008.08.15-16:33+0000) multi-call binary
Shell invoked to run file: /etc/rc.d/rcS
Command:
Command:
Command: . /etc/rc.d/rc.conf
.: Permission denied
Command: mode=${1:-start}
Command: if [ $mode = "start" ]
if: Bad command or file name
Command: then
then: Bad command or file name
Command:     services=$cfg_services
Command: else
else: Bad command or file name
Command:     services=$cfg_services_r
Command: fi
fi: Bad command or file name
Command: cfg_services=${2:-$services}
Command:
Command: for i in $cfg_services
for: Bad command or file name
Command: do
do: Bad command or file name
Command:     if [ -x /etc/rc.d/init.d/$i ]
if: Bad command or file name
Command:     then
then: Bad command or file name
Command:         /etc/rc.d/init.d/$i $mode
/etc/rc.d/init.d/: Permission denied
Command:     fi
fi: Bad command or file name
Command: done
done: Bad command or file name
Command:
Command: if [ $# -ge 2 ]
if: Bad command or file name
Command: then
then: Bad command or file name
Command:     exit 0
usage: exit
Command: fi
fi: Bad command or file name
Command:
Command: if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.local ]
if: Bad command or file name
Command: then
then: Bad command or file name
Command:     /etc/rc.d/rc.local
Shell invoked to run file: /etc/rc.d/rc.local
Command: if [ -x "/usr/bin/rpm" -a -e "/tmp/ltib" ]
if: Bad command or file name
Command: then
then: Bad command or file name
Command:     echo "rebuilding rpm database"
rebuilding rpm database
Command:     rm -rf /tmp/ltib
Command:     rpm --rebuilddb
rpm: Bad command or file name
Command: fi
fi: Bad command or file name
Execution Finished, Exiting
Command: fi
fi: Bad command or file name
Command:
Execution Finished, Exiting

        Welcome to Freescale Semiconductor Embedded Linux Environment

dataprism login:

Seems like busybox is not being run suid or something.

I typed bash and things got better immediately.

When I changed /bin/sh to link to bash the system came up and all ran properly.

Now to find out why I can't run as dynamic libraries.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help getting here.

Best,
ml