pkg_map (was Re: [Ltib] Re: Startup problem)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: pkg_map (was Re: [Ltib] Re: Startup problem)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:57:26 +0100

Hi Mark,

The pkg_map file doesn't affect the visible config system (mconf/lkc).
What it does is tie the logical package selection to the actual spec
file you want.

So, if you select "base libs", this turns on PKG_BASE_LIBS in the
output .config file.  LTIB then uses (by default)
config/userspace/pkg_map to look up which spec file to use for the given
package.  In this case you'll see:

PKG_BASE_LIBS                    = base_libs

If you want to override this, you can put a pkg_map file into
config/platform/target and set it to another value.  Take a look at some
of the other platforms to get an idea
(config/platform/mpc8548cds/pkg_map for example overrides the gdb
package).

I've CCed the list as this might be of interest.

Regards, Stuart