Re: [Ltib] Loading kernel onto the target board and boot the target

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Loading kernel onto the target board and boot the target
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:12:50 +0100

Hi Jyotshna,

I just checked back in my archives, and this is just a "straw man"
platform I added at a user request.  I've never personally worked on
this or do I have an 82xx platform to test on.

Sorry to be vague, but it looks like there's something wrong with your
kernel image. It could be anything from load address to bootloader
issues.  Looking at what I put it, the kernel extracted from a very old
PCS BSP that was known to work on an 8260ads.  So your board is
different, so you would need to make at least some adjustments to the
kernel configuration.  Personally I would recommend adding another
kernel spec and .config file to reference a more up to date kernel.

Unfortunately I'm no kernel expert.  So the best way to get help with
this would be to ask some kernel hackers (ppc-dev), or on some other
embedded forum where there's a person with the same type of board as
you.  If they have a working board/kernel/config you can easily add that
to the ltib configuration.

Maybe someone else on the list can help?

Regards, Stuart