Re: [Ltib] Re: Upgrade the kernel version in LTIB

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Re: Upgrade the kernel version in LTIB
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:40:44 +0000

Hi Arun,

Please follow whatever the initial posting order is (top or bottom).  I
don't really care, but keeping it in one direction makes it easier to
follow later.

If you want to release a modified variant of LTIB as an ISO, you have 2

1/ If everything can be made public, then your best bet is to use the
Savannah CVS code base and get your new (or updated) spec files commited
to CVS and also have your patches/sources uploaded to the bitshrine.org.
Once you have this you can do: ./ltib -m release and release using HEAD
as the tag.  I must admit I've never tried this from Savannah, but it
ought to work.

2/ If you don't want to expose your changes publicly (but you must still
meet your license commitments) then you need to create a MANIFEST file.
There's as script in LTIB bin/cvsmanifest that helps make this.  This
must then be manually pruned (annotated) to add/removed any files from
the list that you want/don't want in your release.  From there you
run: ./ltib -m release and use the tag localdir

For more details, take a look at the module bin/Ltibrelease.pm

Regards, Stuart