[Ltib] ltib error -linux2.6.20.6 with MPC8360E MDS

From: nanda
Subject: [Ltib] ltib error -linux2.6.20.6 with MPC8360E MDS
Date: 20 Nov 2008 18:30:38 -0000

Hi All,
   Iam forwarding the mail which I have posted to powerpc linux list
 address@hidden

  Iam getting the below error during the generation of rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot (Power PC Linux RAM Disk Image) and uImage (Power PC Linux Kernel Image) for linux-2.6.20.6 kernel on the power PC MPC 8360E MDS using ltib tool.

"Testing ppp_url connectivity: FAIL, disabling

Testing gpp_url connectivity: FAIL, disabling

No network download connection available"

I did the following steps, but Iam unable to generate the rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot

- In the ltib directory

./ltib --configure

In the configure menu, I specified the following, before saving the configs

- Tool chain as (gcc-3.4.3/glibc-2.3.3)

- uboot 1.1.3

- "Kernel (local linux directory build)" which refers to the local directory where linux-2.6.20.6 is placed

- "Kernel config file"specified as mpc8360emds_defconfig, which is the file copied from /home/nanda/linux2.6.20.6/arch/powerpc/configs/mpc8360emds_defconfig to the ltib/config/platform/mpc8360epb directory)

- Linux Target Architecture as "powerpc"

After the above process by saving the configuration (it started building kernel and generated uImage) and failed in the below place (Refer also the attached build.txt file)

================================

Processing: skell

===================

Testing ppp_url connectivity: FAIL, disabling

Testing gpp_url connectivity: FAIL, disabling

No network download connection available

Started: Thu Nov 20 14:44:45 2008

Ended: Thu Nov 20 14:57:32 2008

Elapsed: 767 seconds

Build Failed

I have attached the below files for boot and build logs with this mail,

1) defconfig.dev - default config generated for "./ltib configure" from config/platform/mpc8360epb

2) build.txt - Error build during "./ltib configure" output

3) mpc8360emds_defconfig - Default config file from /home/nanda/linux2.6.20.6/arch/powerpc/configs/

The end result was I could only see the uImage generated without rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot. Please clarify on the same

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Nanda

Rediff Shopping