[Ltib] how do i add a new package (LZO) to my build?

From: Robert P. J. Day
Subject: [Ltib] how do i add a new package (LZO) to my build?
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 07:04:55 -0500 (EST)

  i am officially at my wit's end here.  in order to upgrade to a more
recent version of mtd-utils, i seem to need to add the "lzo"
compression package to my build, but nothing i do seems to incorporate
lzo into the build, resulting in a failed overall build every time.

  in our local copy of dist/lfs-5.1, i've added a directory for lzo/,
and the appropriate spec file for lzo-2.03.  i've added the .gz
tarball and its .md5 file to our LPP.  i've added the config entry for
that package to our packages.lkc file.  i've added a new entry to
select that package to our defconfig file.

  and yet, with all of that, a clean build never elects to build lzo.
i'm stumped.  what am i missing?

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.