[Ltib] .spec vs .spec.in

From: Kevin Wells
Subject: [Ltib] .spec vs .spec.in
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:37:33 +0100

I have a question on the use of .spec and.spec.in extensions in the dist/lfs-5.1 area.

For my u-boot spec file, the extension is simply .spec and works fine.

The kernel directory (and just a few other individual files) use the .spec.in extension.

To be consistent, I've made my kernel spec file with the same extension (.spec.in), but I can only build if I use a .spec extension.

Reviewing a few of the main.lkc files in other packages that use .spec.in , I don't see a difference between my choice of the .spec file and those other packages.

I used the following in main.lkc:

CONFIG PKG_KERNEL

                string

                default "kernel-2.6.27.8-phy3250" if KERNEL_2_6_27_8

When rpbuild is exeuted for kernel processing, it always uses the .spec extension instead. I'm sure it's something simple. Any ideas?

Kevin Wells

NXP Semiconductors