Re: [Ltib] generate uImage instead of zImage

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] generate uImage instead of zImage
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:03:33 +0000

Hi ml,

Normally the image type should be correct for the platform (which one
are you working on?).

This is computed in: dist/lfs-5.1/kernel/kernel-common.tmpl

If you need something else you can override it in your platform's
main.lkc.  For example if you look at config/platform/qs875s/main.lkc
you'll see the choice of target to be built depends on bootloader:

config SYSCFG_KTARG
    string
    default "zImage" if ! BOOTLOADER1
    default "uImage" if BOOTLOADER1

If you wanted to allow someone to type in this value, you could edit
your main.lkc and add something like:

config SYSCFG_KTARG
    string "kernel target to build"
    default "uImage"