Re: [Ltib] Deploying kernel modules outside of the kernel deploy method

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Deploying kernel modules outside of the kernel deploy method
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:52:03 +0000

Hi Peter,

Take a look at dist/lfs-5.1/helloworld/hello_mod.spec (and the content
after unpacking with ./ltib -p hello_mod -m prep).  This is an example
kernel module outside the kernel source tree.  If you follow this the
modeps package will see this and include it in modules.dep that it
creates (it scans $DEV_IMAGE/lib/modules/$KERNEL_VER)

Regards, Stuart