[Ltib] AppTRK segmentation fault

From: RND_SAGAR
Subject: [Ltib] AppTRK segmentation fault
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:28:32 +0530

Dear Sir,
We are using your EP885 Quick Start Evaluation Kit and are running Ltib on it.
We have added iptables as an additional package to the
file system and upon executing any of these additional commands it gives a segmentation fault.What is the main reason for
segmentation fault. Can you tell why does this fault comes
Also the AppTRK application level debugging agent ver 1.6 which came along  with package does not run on the target.
upon execution. It gives segmentation fault when we run it on the command prompt of board "# apptrk : 1000 &"
 It doesn't work even if the background variable " & " is removed.
The Apptrk package was tried in both ways including it into the kernel itself during
   ./ltib -m scbuild -p kernel-2.4.22-ep88x -c
 and It was also tried by adding it as a individual package
   ./ltib -m scbuild -p apptrk-ppcbin
Other version 1.37 available on www.bitshrine.org/gpp was also tried and problem was same " Segmentation Fault ".
I have attached a strace message of apptrk for your reference.And since this apptrk is not running we cannot debug any application on
CodeWarriorV8.6.
Are there interdependencies of packages and the lbraries used to compile them if yes how can it be verified or known before hand

Hoping to here from you soon.

Thanking You,

Sagar Kadam,
Cygnus Micro Systems,