Re: [Ltib] MPC8313 question - again (docu)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] MPC8313 question - again (docu)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 10:16:27 +0100

Hi Deepak,

This is a BSP from Freescale so you should really ask them for support on questions specific to their platforms (it's not yet on Savannah CVS).

However, the source code for all packages in LTIB is available. When you build with LTIB you will see messages go by saying things like:

Processing: u-boot-1.1.6-mpc8313erdb
====================================

This indicates the name of the spec file for the package being built. It is the spec file that defines the sources for the build of the package.

Normally the sources are not kept unpacked after a package has been successfully been built. However if you want to modify sources and build you can use the steps:

   * Unpack the source

$ ./ltib -p u-boot -m prep

   * Edit, edit, edit (in rpm/BUILD/u-boot*)
   * Build the modified sources

$ ./ltib -p u-boot -m scbuild

   * When it all compiles correctly, to install in the rootfs

$ ./ltib -p u-boot -m scdeploy

   * When you're done and you want to capture your changes

$ ./ltib -p u-boot -m patchmerge

You can find more information about this here: http://www.bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html#ref_88

So far as u-boot itself goes, it you need help with that you'll need to ask on a u-boot forum.

Regards, Stuart

Deepak Gopalakrishnan wrote:
hi everyone
im have got this new board MPC8313e RDB. and my goal is to modify the u-boot
commands and add new one if needed. i had downloaded u-boot provided by
source forge and found that the commands wer defined in the
u-boot-1.1.6/coommon folder. but now i have used the ltib to create the
u-boot image. i very new to this and im in my learning stage. My doubt is
that im unable to find a file like u-boot/common wer the commands wer
defined in the folder created by the ltib....
please can someone clear my concepts about this...
thanks in advance...