Re: [Ltib] Can't figure out how to add my program

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Can't figure out how to add my program
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:38:16 +0100

Hi Grant,

If you want to build a spec file before you've added the entries to config/userspace/pkg_map,packages.lkc you need to say:

./ltib -m prep -p tcpecho.spec

BTW: it's simpler to use the following to do all the rpm stages:
./ltib -p tcpecho.spec

In case you missed it, take a look at: http://bitshrine.org/autodocs/LtibFaq.html#ref_89

Also note that if you're using something from Savannah/Bitshrine rather than Freescale then /opt/ltib/pkgs is preferred although /opt/freescale/pkgs will still work.

Regards, Stuart

Grant Edwards wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to get a simple "hello-world"
type program onto my target.  AFAICT, I have to create an
RPM package for it.  The package is named "tcpecho".  I've
followed the instructions in the faq and put the source tarball
in /opt/freescale/pkgs, and the spec file in dist/lfs-5.1/tcpecho:

    $ ls -l /opt/freescale/pkgs/tcpecho*
    -rw-r--r-- 1 grante users 1651 Jun  9 10:28
/opt/freescale/pkgs/tcpecho-0.0.tar.gz
$ ls -l dist/lfs-5.1/tcpecho* -rw-r--r-- 1 grante users 641 Jun 9 10:34 tcpecho.spec ------------------------------tcpecho.spec------------------------------
%define pfx /opt/freescale/rootfs/%{_target_cpu}

Summary         : Program that echos data on TCP ports for throughput testing
Name            : tcpecho
Version         : 0.0
Release         : 1
License         : none
Vendor          : none
Packager        : none
Group           : Applications/Engineering
URL             : none
Source          : %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
BuildRoot       : %{_tmppath}/%{name}
Prefix          : %{pfx}

%Description
%{summary}

%Prep
%setup
%Build
make

%Install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}

%Clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT

%Files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%{pfx}/*

The next step (prep) fails:

    $ ./ltib -m prep -p tcpecho
    Don't have HTTP::Request::Common
    Don't have LWP::UserAgent
    Cannot test proxies, or remote file availability without both
    HTTP::Request::Common and LWP::UserAgent
Cannot find spec file that contains the package name tcpecho.
    If necessary please give the whole spec file name (with the
    .spec extension).
traceback:
     main::mk_buildlist:1751
      main::validate_sn:1797