RE: [Ltib] building images

From: Jonathan Richardson
Subject: RE: [Ltib] building images
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:26:34 -0700

Thanks Fabio. I forgot zImage is the kernel only. I’ve been away from Linux for a long time.

I was trying to regenerate it because I deleted it and ran into many problems with packages not building. E2fsprogs, hotplug, zlib, etc. If I avoid doing a distclean I don’t get these problems. But I had to re-install from the CD. Zlib gave me this error:  /opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/vfp/lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value

I will avoid the distclean for now, as it’s not really necessary.

Jon