Re: [Ltib] Adding libraries to host tool chain

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Adding libraries to host tool chain
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:07:50 +0100

Hi Mike,

Take a look at the thread here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ltib/2009-01/threads.html

Boost is not selectable currently in LTIB as it's never been fully ported or tested.

I suspect that you would be better starting with a newer baseline. It's quite possible you don't need the patch anymore (it looks like it was part of a Debian package).

Maybe the easiest way to try something out it to see if you can import it from here (is that version new enough?): http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/source/SRPMS/boost-1.34.1-13.fc9.src.rpm
using ./ltib -m addsrpms <path to srpm>
It probably will need some tinkering though.

Also, it's possible that someone else on the list may have this package building?

Regards, Stuart

Mike Goins wrote:
Sorry, they are not packages I am maintaining.   Boost is at 1.31.0-1,
but I need 1.39.   I realized that I could replace the source tarball,
modify the spec, and cross my fingers in hoping the patch cleanly
applies.

Thanks!