Re: [Ltib] ncurses or .gvfs failed?

From: Daniel.Li
Subject: Re: [Ltib] ncurses or .gvfs failed?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:44:34 +0800

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 15:51 +0100, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> The other failure is odd, I've not see this before.  What it looks
> like
> is that the %build section worked okay, but in the %install section
> it
> has decided to build the ada95 stuff, not sure why.

Well, I think I find something in Makefile, see below. That's why it's
going to build ada95 stuff.

libs \
install.libs \
uninstall.libs ::
        cd Ada95 && $(MAKE) $(CF_MFLAGS) $@

> Anyhow, for support with Freescale BSPs you should really to talk to
> them.  However suspect if you edit dist/lfs-5.1/ncurses/ncurses.spec
> and
> locate the 'make install' section in %Install is will look like this
> (all one line).
>
> make -j1 install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}
> includedir=%{_prefix}/include/ncurses libdir=%{_prefix}/lib
> mandir=%{_mandir}
>
> Try changing it so the BUILDCC is used for building host components,
> e.g:
>
> make -j1 install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{pfx}
> includedir=%{_prefix}/include/ncurses libdir=%{_prefix}/lib
> mandir=%{_mandir}  HOSTCC="$BUILDCC"

Tried, same error as before.

> Ideally you should try to work out why something that was not built
> in
> the %Build section is suddenly wanted in %Install.  Let me know if
> you
> find anything.

Yeah, you are right.
Well, I'm new to BSP and my boss tells me to bring this demo board up
with BSP package within a week. So i'm really in a hurry.

I have feedback to Freescale and continue to study ltib. Hope to get
this done ASAP. :(

--
Daniel Li