Re: [Ltib] Installation problems with Mandriva 2009.1 (mtd-utils)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Installation problems with Mandriva 2009.1 (mtd-utils)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:52:47 +0100

Hi Mark,

There's some separate issues here.

1/ Previously with fake-provide, the rpmbuild completed but core-dumped (SIGABRT). So there's something wrong with /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpmbuild I think, or some new failure mechanism I haven't seen before.

On the subsequent run as it had already built fake-provides it installed this (it calls rpm, not rpmbuild to do that) and presumably it then went on to build the other host packages and install them.

The odd thing here is why does fake-provides cause such a problem?

2/ I think the platform selection screen is correctly working. If you remove: .config (top level of ltib), and then run: ./ltib you should see this screen:

    Platform choice (Hit enter to select)  --->

You should then hit the Enter key and see:
(X) Hit enter to select
( ) Future Designs, Inc. ARM9DIMM-LPC3250 board
( ) senTec COBRA5475 Coldfire/M68k (MMU)
( ) Embedded Artists 3131 board with the NXP LPC313X SoC
( ) EP93xx development board
( ) Freescale IMX21 ADS reference board

Use the up/down arrow to highlight the platform you want, then hit Enter to select. Your choice should be show and the Load/Save .. Configuration File. At this point use the right arrow key to highlight 'Exit' and hit Enter to save your selection. You will be then taken to the selected platforms configuration menu.

Once in the platform config file, just accept the defaults (for now) and use the right arrow to highlight 'Exit' and then hit Enter to save the configuration and built it.

NOTE: even if this works, I'm concerned your /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpmbuild will cause problems because of the odd fake-provides behaviour.

Regards, Stuart

Mark Craske wrote:
Hi Stuart,

I started again from scratch by removing /opt/ltib/usr and I got the
same failure as before when I ran ./ltib

However, I then invoked ./ltib again without removing any directory tree
and it ran to completion, apparently
because /opt/ltib/usr/src/rpm/RPMS/i686/fake-provides-1.0-5.i686.rpm
already existed despite the first failure.

However, on completion it presented a "Platform choice" configuration
screen that no matter which platform I chose would not show me any
configuration options except

Load an Alternate Configuration File
Save Configuration to an Alternate File

When I killed that process (after choosing Freescale mpc8548cds) and
then invoked './ltib -m config' it came up with a sensible configuration
menu screen for that platform.

Is the bad configuration screen a known error?

Regards, Mark