[Ltib] ./ltib -m release # externally distributable error

From: aaron
Subject: [Ltib] ./ltib -m release # externally distributable error
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:40:34 -0500

At some point in my usage of the LTIB tool I switched from using the glibc
C library to uclibc to save space or because of compiler errors, I forget
which.

Now I'm trying to bundle up my ltib tree into a binary release using:

./ltib -m release

I'm getting the following error:

checking: toolchain
====================
Testing network connectivity
No network download connection available

tc-fsl-x86lnx-ppc-uclibc-4.2.4-1.i386.rpm is not externally distributable
Error: tc-fsl-x86lnx-ppc-uclibc-4.2.4-1.i386.rpm  required by defconfig
traceback:
 main::release_copy_content:167
  main::release_main:353
   main::f_release:1198
    main:552

If possible, I would like to create a binary iso release of my tree that
includes the packages in the local package pool that are required to
reproduce my images from source.  This iso file is not for distribution,
but for internal records.  Do I need to switch back to using the glibc
based cross-toolchain?  Also, it seems like this mode of ltib requires
contact with the remote CVS repository, but I would like to be able to
create this iso without network connectivity.

In an attempt to produce any type of binary iso release, I started with a
fresh copy of the ltib today and did the following:

$ ./ltib --preconfig config/platform/mpc8349itx/defconfig

(here I had to get around two things that stopped the build, one being the
cuImage error, and the other de-selecting the samba package which had an
error in the configuration (attempted execution of cross-compiled test
code))

$ cp config/platform/mpc8349itx/.config config/platform/mpc8349itx/defconfig
$ cp config/platform/mpc8349itx/nas_linux-2.6.13.4-mpc8349itx.config
config/platform/mpc8349itx/nas_linux-2.6.13.4-mpc8349itx.config.dev
$ ./ltib -m release

This last command errors with:

checking: sparse
==================
License: Open Software License
OK GPP_STAGE: sparse-0.4.tar.gz
OK GPP_STAGE: sparse-0.4-array-fix.patch

checking: git
===============
License: GPL
OK GPP_STAGE: git-1.5.6.5.tar.gz
OK GPP_STAGE: git-1.5.6.5-no-perl-install.patch

checking: tunctl
==================
License: GPL
OK GPP_STAGE: tunctl-1.5.tar.gz

checking: mux_server
======================
License: LGPL
OK GPP_STAGE: mux_server.c
OK GPP_STAGE: mux_sever-1.0-fs-decl.patch
Undefined subroutine &main::tag_repository called at
/var/backup/20091012-ltib/ltib/bin/Ltibrelease.pm line 353.
traceback:
 main::release_main:353
  main::f_release:1235
   main:560

I guess it would be nice if there were some method of producing the binary
iso file without having to contact the remote CVS repository.