Re: [Ltib] mconf not found

From: Lucas Chiesa
Subject: Re: [Ltib] mconf not found
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:33:08 -0300

Hi Stuart,

> Please keep all messages on the public list unless I ask otherwise.

Sorry for that...

> Why did you install rpm-fs using alien, this is wrong and not in any guide.
> I suggest you start again and follow the installation guide.  Run install,
> cd _ltibdir_ ; ./ltib

Ok, I've deleted everything from /opt/ltib, and the rpm-fs installed
using alias (apt-get remove rpm-fs). After that I did a new cvs co and
run ./ltib in the fresh directory.

It fails with this error (in host_config.log) :

sudo rpm --root / --dbpath /tmp/rpm-tulku/rpmdb -e --allmatches
--nodeps  --define '_tmppath /home/tulku/Facultad/embebidos/ltib/tmp'
rpm-fs 2>/dev/null
sudo rpm --root / --dbpath /tmp/rpm-tulku/rpmdb --ignorearch -ivh
--force --nodeps --excludedocs  --define '_tmppath
/home/tulku/Facultad/embebidos/ltib/tmp'
/tmp/rpm-tulku/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpm
rpm: please use alien to install rpm packages on Debian, if you are
really sure use --force-debian switch. See README.Debian for more
details.
Died at ./ltib line 2435.

and that's why I used alien before.

Thanks,