Re: [Ltib] Special tag localdir_nobuild causes LTIB to go to the config

From: aaron
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Special tag localdir_nobuild causes LTIB to go to the config screen.
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:59:12 -0500

Hi Peter and Stuart.  Working with my kernel module is precisely where
this gave me a little trouble.  I understand that you need the kernel
source unpacked for a kernel module package.  My question was why this is
a one-shot or transient variable.  The area that it was giving me a few
problems was after creating an iso release, the build and installation of
the BSP onto another machine.  Using `./ltib` I would attempt to build the
whole project (host and target packages), and I would get stuck on the
kernel module package because my kernel source would not remain in the
BUILD directory.  This was because the PKG_KERNEL_LEAVESRC=y that I had
put in place earlier was getting cleared automatically by a call to
`./ltib` when building the iso.  Since I was running into this sort of
problem, I was wondering if there is any beneficial reason for having the
LEAVESRC variable as a one-shot or transient variable.  It seems like if
you have the source out for a particular package, and then you wanted to
get rid of it, you can just remove it, and change the configuration to
comment out any variables like PKG_KERNEL_LEAVESRC if necessary.  Updating
the date/time stamp on my config/platform/${board}/.config file does not
force a rebuild of the kernel for me.