Re: [Ltib] Texinfo build / troubles with rpm database?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Texinfo build / troubles with rpm database?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 08:55:17 +0000

Hi Franz,

When building the packages for the host, failed builds can't be re-started. The output here is from a run after a previous fail. That's why you get the 'Cowardly refusing to clobber existing directory' message. At that point you only really needed to removed the directory /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/texinfo-4.8 and then re-run.

The problem you're seeing with "would clobber '/reescale/ltib'" is again another symptom of re-running again after building rpm-fs has failed. Non-relocatable packages can't be re-started (rpm-fs).

I think it's likely that you're seeing this as the BSP you have is from Freescale and does not include the latest updates at Savannah.

Anyhow Savannah CVS LTIB is fine with Ubuntu 9.10. Maybe you can send this feedback to Freescale and ask them to update their BSP. What you'd need to do to help them is:

$ sudo rm -rf /tmp/rpm*
$ sudo rm -rf /opt/freescale

and then try the install from scratch. If it fails don't re-run, just save the host_config.log file and send it to them.

Regards, Stuart

Franz Trierweiler wrote:
Hi Stuart,

Here is  more detailed extract of the log file:

Processing: flex
==================

Processing: texinfo
=====================
Build path taken because: directory build, no prebuilt rpm,

Cowardly refusing to clobber existing directory:
 /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD/texinfo-4.8
Remove this by hand if you really want to rebuild this package from scratch

Died at ./ltib line 1380.
traceback:
 main::build_host_rpms:1380
  main::host_checks:1435
   main:542

Started: Tue Dec  1 23:33:09 2009
Ended:   Tue Dec  1 23:42:09 2009
Elapsed: 540 seconds

These packages failed to build:
texinfo

Build Failed

Since the message said that LTIB refused to "clobber existing directory" then I removed by hand the texinfo directory in /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD:

address@hidden:/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD$ rm -r texinfo-4.8/

I also removed the bz2 link file in the SOURCE directory and the tex bz2 and md5 files as well, in /opt/freescale/pkgs.

Then I simply relaunched ./ltib and waited a few minutes.

Here is now what I get:

Build time for rpm-fs: 3 seconds

error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Name index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
ERROR: /tmp/rpm-franz/RPMS/i686/rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpm
would clobber '/reescale/ltib'
traceback:
 main::check_host_clobber:2671
  main::build_rpm:906
   main::f_scdeploy:1079
    main::build_rpm:844
     main::f_buildrpms:980
      main::check_rpm_setup:2402
       main::host_checks:1423
        main:542

Started: Wed Dec  2 00:10:38 2009
Ended:   Wed Dec  2 00:17:14 2009
Elapsed: 396 seconds

Build Failed

I am really surprised of reading "/reescale" instead of "/freescale" and do not understand why LTID is dealing with rpm-fs-4.0.4-1.i686.rpm !

Well, I am now thinking of throwing away my Ubuntu 09.10 virtual machine in order to install a 09.04 back on my Mac since the LTIB environment provided by PDK 1.6 works fine on my PC laptop.

I just hope all these feedback will help you improve LTIB so that it can work on the newest Ubuntu release.

Thanks again for you help.
Franz