[Ltib] .rpmmacros file in home directory causes hidden error

From: aaron
Subject: [Ltib] .rpmmacros file in home directory causes hidden error
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:36:53 -0600

While it's on my mind, I ran into one thing that was a little strange a
while ago.  It's easy to reproduce.  Start with a new system, or move
/opt/ltib to /opt/ltib.back, touch ~/.rpmmacros, and then go to the ltib
tree and start './ltib'.  This prints out the usual message:

----
Installing host support packages.

This only needs to be done once per host, but may take up to
an hour to complete ...

If an error occurs, a log file with the full output may be found in:
/home/aaron/ltib/host_config.log
----

Nothing else is printed out in the user's console, but examining the
host_config.log file reveals that there is an error message, and that the
script is halted waiting for input.

----
$ cat /home/aaron/twobirds/co/ltib.test/host_config.log

/home/aaron/.rpmmacros has been found on your system.  This
can interfere with the correct opertation of LTIB.  If you
know you don't need this file, please rename or delete it now.

If the installation of LTIB fails, or it starts to fail unexpectedly
and you know you don't need this file, please rename or delete
it and re-try.

Press <enter to continue>
----

Perhaps this would be better printed out in the foreground?  It's possible
that a user might wait "up to an hour", only to find that nothing has
happened.

Aaron