Re: [Ltib] merge package and symlinks

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] merge package and symlinks
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:20:23 +0000

Hi Andrea,

I've checked in the change to CVS.

Regards, Stuart

Andrea Galbusera wrote:
Stuart,
thank you for your quick feedback!

On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 08:53 +0000, Stuart Hughes wrote:
Aside from the fact merge directories are best avoided if you can, I think this is okay.

Yes, I know your position on this and I'm taking it into account. The
use I'm doing of merge is temporary and limited to some configuration
files.

I think the better of the two approaches is the -H option to find. The reason is I think the trailing / is using shell completion (?) and so may be shell dependent (dash etc).

I think I'll go ahead and check in find -H .....

I also verified -H options and it behaves as expected. I can't see any
side-effect.
Thank you for you valuable support!

Regards,
Andrea