Re: [Ltib] Problems installing ltib-e500mc-20091218

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Problems installing ltib-e500mc-20091218
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 08:49:50 +0000

Hi Scott,

I'm guessing you're using an ISO release from Freescale?
Because rpm-4.0.4.tar.gz is missing from it you can't progress.  If the
proxy settings are correct, it would work.  It is worth trying to fix
this as Freescale may have omitted more files that need downloading.
There are some messages that tell you if this is working before the
download is attempted, they should look like this:

Testing network connectivity for gpp
OK GPP: is available

To quickly get this working you can run the command line:
$ ./ltib -N --dltest

This will stop the log file redirection and only test the download is
working.  You can then adjust the .ltibrc proxy settings (don't forget
to set %http_proxy and %gpp_proxy

If you can't get this working, downloading manually as you have is a
good idea, as only a few files are probably missing.  You need to place
these files in /tmp/rpm-$USER where $USER is your username (for example
mine would be /tmp/rpm-seh).

On Debian you don't need the rpm-build package, it's just the rpm
package you require.

The root of your problems are that the ISO you have is missing the
rpm-4.0.4.tar.gz tarball, please report this to Freescale so they can
fix it.

Regards, Stuart