Re: [Ltib] -m release and CVS ltib module

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] -m release and CVS ltib module
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:31:29 +0000

Hi Andrea,

It's hard to advise you on this one.  Really only you know your internal
development process well enough to make the judgement.

A few observations though:

* Why not just use the Savannah CVS tree.  Are your changes really
necessary and if so why not make them public.  It's your choice, but as
you can see this problem would not arise if you were using the
"official" tree.  If it's only your content that is private, that can be
handled without changing the Savannah LTIB source code.

* If you do use your own internal CVS, you should only have one CVS tree
and use tags/branches for releases.  Using a alias to allow you to refer
to "ltib" is probably the simplest approach.

* If/when you ship out your variant of LTIB, make sure people know that
is is in-fact not the original (put a prominent notice).

Regards, Stuart