Re: [Ltib] Where does the LTIB get the packages??

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Where does the LTIB get the packages??
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 09:21:44 +0100

Hi Zahidul,

First of all, please don't include your disclaimer in your signature,
this is inappropriate for public mailing lists.

To answer the question, the search order for content is: (first found is
used, these defaults are for Savannah LTIB):

rpm/SOURCE                          # locally in the project
/opt/ltib/pkgs                      # LPP set by %lpp
/var/tmp/pkgs, /opt/freescale/pkgs  # backward compatibility: %ldirs
pkgs                                # project pkgs dir (ISO install)
%ppp_url                            # PPP if defined
%gpp_url                            # http://bitshrine.org/gpp/filex

Notes:
1. In addition to the file_to_get, file_to_get.md5 is also fetched

2. This is a simplified view, the order of the remote package pools is
determined by %pps, which by default is ppp, gpp, which gets mutated to
ppp_url and gpp_url.  In fact you can have as many pps as you like and
set them to whatever you want.

Regards, Stuart

Zahidul Haque wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a simple doubt. Where does the LTIB gets all of its packages.
> I found that there are three different package pools(LPP, GPP, PPP)
> from where LTIB can get the packages. I just want ot know what order
> they follow. I suppose first it looks for GPP then PPP and finally
> GPP, Correct me if I am wrong
>
> "DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended
[snip]
please don't include this in your posts