Re: [Ltib] Setting new package options and dependencies

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Setting new package options and dependencies
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:43:41 +0100

Hi Franz,

The best thing to do is to submit a patch showing your changes,
including the new .spec file, that way I can comment more intelligently,
including the pkg_map/packages.lkc issue (does your package not show up
if you run ./ltib -m config).

Also, you would not be on the hook to maintain this for all
architectures.  If there's a chance that this package could be
used/ported to other platforms, then the .spec file should be made with
that in mind (e.g. don't hardwire ARCH=arm, use the generic way).  To
avoid problems before this happens, you can put conditions into the
.spec file (my preference), such as:

case "$PLATFORM" in
    imx31ads)
        SOCKDRV=mx31ads-pcmcia
        ;;
    *)
        echo "Error platform not supported"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac

See qtopia,spec/pcmciautils.spec for examples.

So far as putting in a particular grouping, do a find config | grep
'something_in_this_group' and this should reveal the
packages.lkc/pkg_map files that controls this.  The likely places are:
config/userspace/* and config/platform/*.  However, I would if possible
try to keep common.  Again, please send a complete patch so I can 'see'
what the situation is.

Regards, Stuart