Re: [Ltib] Re: GDB with a JTAG

From: Charles Krinke
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Re: GDB with a JTAG
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 08:05:54 -0700

Morning.

In working through getting a BDI-2000 to step through the linux kernel with ddd/gdb, I've gotten to where I can do:

$ ddd --debugger powerpc-e300c3-linux-gdb vmlinux
(gdb) target remote bdi:2001

At this point the source window for head_32.S is loaded by ddd *and* a "continue" lets the kernel boot.

I have changed the source search path from the default to the linux kernel source within ltib, but when I try to open source from within ddd, I get the choice of only a couple of .S files, that is, head_32.S & entry_32.S.

Can someone offer and idea so I can get to where I can step from the first C line in the kernel (or any C line), such as setup_arch()??

Charles