[Ltib] How to test CAN bus?

From: Jorge A. Castro
Subject: [Ltib] How to test CAN bus?
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:32:24 -0600

Hi everybody,

I'm working in making some bus communications to work in my Future Design, Inc LPC3250. Now I'm working with the CAN bus.

In the Linux Kernel Configuration I have enable all related with CAN bus subsystem support. In the Package list I selected can4linux and cantest and I'm able to see the cantest application in the /usr/bin.

Now my question is how to get to know if this interface is properly working? In the host I have installed a PCAN-PCI card (from PEAK Systems) that allow me to perform CAN communication (Im still trying with it), but the point is that I want to test the bus from the target. Because it's a network interface I shouldn't see anything in the target's /dev/ (like a node).

Anyone that can bring me some ideas on how to test the CAN bus in the target?

Best regards.

--
Jorge A. Castro
Canam-Technology, Inc.