Re: [Ltib] Can LTIB compile just one single module without recompiling w

From: David Wolfe
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Can LTIB compile just one single module without recompiling whole kernel???
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 09:51:42 -0400

I have a problem similar to the OP, i.e., I need to patch the kernel
sources before building, and would like to accomplish this in one step
for an automated nightly build.

From what I can tell, I first need to do something like the following:

  ltib -p kernel -m prep
  [Modify kernel sources as desired]
  ltib -p kernel -m patchmerge

This creates a patch named something like 'kernel-2.6.31.tar.gz', and
another file named 'kernel-2.6.31.spec.in'.  I'm not entirely sure where
to put these, but I gather that---if I put them in the correct place---I
should be able to run something like:

  ltib --preconfig=config/platform/imx/defconfig --batch

and everything will be patched and built without ever prompting?

Is this the basic idea?  Can anyone tell me where I should put that
patch archive and .spec.in file?  /opt/freescale won't exist when this
command is run, so I guess I need to put them in ltib/pkgs(?)  I'm
trying this right now...