Re: [Ltib] Using iproute(2)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Using iproute(2)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:44:00 +0100

Hi Jorge,

Okay that makes sense.

It's not really a completely new package, so you should just be able to
go into dist/lfs-5.1/iproute/ and modify the existing .spec file.

* change the version/release so that the source picks up the right tar
* remove the patch (probably not needed) and the ref in the %spec section
* put the new source in /opt/ltib/pkgs

It sounds like you've got to that point and are getting compilation
problems?

Do you know what pristine version they are basing iproute2-ss090324 on?
the pristing ones here
http://devresources.linuxfoundation.org/dev/iproute2/download/ would be
a better baseline.

I would advise splitting into baseline+patch(es).  Once you've done that
 maybe post the error messages and someone on the list may be able to
spot what's wrong.

Regards, Stuart