[Ltib] How to specify locations for libs & executables

From: sampsont
Subject: [Ltib] How to specify locations for libs & executables
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:24:37 +0000 (UTC)

I'd like to have a place to install my shared libraries and executables *after* LTIB is finished doing it's thing.  I would like a clean place like /usr/lib & /usr/bin to be left for my stuff.

The way it is now, LTIB puts busybox stuff in /usr/lib,  /bin,  /usr/bin,  & /usr/sbin.  The problem is that if I don't have a clean place for my own stuff, it's difficult to do a 'clean'.  For example, if I have installed debug versions of my code, and now I want to get rid of it and only have the release versions installed, it's hard to delete it with all the busybox & other system stuff installed in the same place.

Can I tell LTIB to just use /lib & /bin?

I'd appreciate any philosophy/advice from others that have already solved this problem.

Also, I notice that /lib has libm-2.5.so & libm.so.6.  /usr/lib has libm.so.  I'm trying to make everything fit into my Flash.  Anybody know why I have 3 versions of libm?

I'm running ltib 10.1.1 ($Revision: 1.68 $) on Ubuntu 10.04, targeting Freescale MPC5200, Linux version 2.6.26.3-rt3 (gcc version 4.1.2) #2 PREEMPT RT

Thanks!
todd