[Ltib] Booting from SDHC

From: Reer, Carolyn (SA-1)
Subject: [Ltib] Booting from SDHC
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:37:37 -0500

Has anyone booted the kernel from SDHC card?

I have 2.6.28 kernel built for Freescale MPC8536E and booting from NFS.

I would like to copy the kernel & file system over to SD card to eliminate NFS from my Ethernet traffic timing tests.

I have tried 2-4GB SDHC cars and they are pre-formatted with W95 FAT16 partitions.

I can mount the partition:

mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/tmp/

But I can’t write to it.

I tried using fdisk to delete the partition and make a new linux partition; tried changing the FAT16 partition to linux partition.

But I can’t save the changes.

I was able to mount the drive:

mount /dev/mmcblk0 /mnt/tmp/

But I have less than 256MB to write to.