Re: [Ltib] mtd-utils and kernel 2.6.33

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] mtd-utils and kernel 2.6.33
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:26:36 +0000

Hi Bruce,

First the reason the host/target have different pkg_map entries is
because the later (target) one depends lzo compression and I didn't want
to introduce that dependency to the host.  Maybe it's time to cave in on
that one.

Do you know if the later 20080618 version would solve your problem, or
do you need an even later one that that?

If you need a later one, then what you need to do is this:

* Create a new .spec file. e.g.  in
dist/lfs-5.1/mtd-utils/mtd-utils-20101117.spec

Make sure you set the version to something like the current ones (e.g.
20101117) as this will be used when deciding if version a > version b in
 the host rpm install stuff.

* Then you need to edit: config/platform/host/pkg_map and put in your
new mapping.

* Remove .host_wait_warning* so that the host package build gets
re-evaluated

* Run: ./ltib

BTW: you may run foul of the lzo dependency.  If so, install it from
your host's package manager.

Regards, Stuart