[Ltib] iMX28 support

From: Wladyslaw Zbikowski
Subject: [Ltib] iMX28 support
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 14:32:12 -0700

Hi, I am using the Freescale BSP release (Dec 2010) for the iMX28 eval
kit (EVK). I would like to move upstream and use Tlib directly;
however in the CVS version there is no config option for the iMX28
(only the MX21, MX27, and MX31). I see iMX28 support patches were
posted to LKML for upstreaming to the kernel in November 2010. What is
my best option?

- Figure out how to extract the relevant iMX28 patches from the
Freescale release and apply them to CVS Tlib

- Replace the CVS Tlib kernel with vanilla 2.6.38 or linux-2.6.git and
hope all the hardware is supported

- ???

The reason I want to move to Tlib current is that I have problems
building some of the Freescale stuff; glibc doesn't compile, and it
references Qt 4.6.0 from bitshrine which no longer exists.

Thanks in advance.