Re: [Ltib] mp3play produces sound but mplayer doesnt?

From: Krzysztof Stankiewicz
Subject: Re: [Ltib] mp3play produces sound but mplayer doesnt?
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:59:37 +1000

Hi,

My rootfs is all setup and Ive followed those instructions before. I can verify this by using another kernel that playback does work.

No matter how I compile the kernel though I can never get the amixer working (unless I uses a kernel binary provided by vendor)
address@hidden /usr]# amixer
amixer: Mixer default load error: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I did manage to get 2.6.27 working with sound now by enabling Bus Support -> PCMCIA.
But mplayer strangely pauses during playback every 0.5 seconds. It does it with mp3s.

Im trying the same with 2.6.34. theres no pausing but neither is there any audible audio.

Ive enabled all sound related options in the kernel...and as far as I can ive configured .27 and .34 similairly.

In .27 I enabled I2C0 and I2C1.. I dont see this option in .34 under system type -> chip components. (im not sure if i2c is used for sound but...)
i have this enabled in .34 though; device drivers->i2csupport->i2c hardware bus 0->[*]i2c bus support for philips pnx.