[Ltib] How to set locale for ltib Linux Kernel

From: Adil Baber Mohammad
Subject: [Ltib] How to set locale for ltib Linux Kernel
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:50:40 +1000

Hello,

We have used ltib for creating Linux Images on Embedded Systems.

How Do I set locales in the Linux Kernel?

When I type locale, I get

address@hidden sbin]# locale

LANG=

LC_CTYPE="POSIX"

LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"

LC_TIME="POSIX"

LC_COLLATE="POSIX"

LC_MONETARY="POSIX"

LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"

LC_PAPER="POSIX"

LC_NAME="POSIX"

LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"

LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"

LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"

LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"

LC_ALL=

I want to set my Locale to “en_US.UTF-8”.

I tried copying the below lines to my etc/profile file and rebooted my machine :

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

when I tried back to find locale I get below error :

address@hidden root]# locale

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory

locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory

locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

LANG=en_US.UTF-8

LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

How do I set them properly?

Regards,

Adil Baber

Senior Java/Web Developer

CHK GridSense Pty Ltd

Unit 3, 20-36 Nancarrow Ave

Meadowbank, NSW, 2114, Australia

Web Site:   www.gridsense.com

E-mail:       address@hidden

Phone:    +61 (0) 408245975

Fax:        +61 2 8878 7788

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain GridSense Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, and/or subject to copyright belonging to the GridSense Corporation, a member of the Acorn Energy Corporation family of Companies. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout. Thank You.