Re: [Ltib] Anyone have luck building qtopia-4 in LTIB lately?

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Anyone have luck building qtopia-4 in LTIB lately?
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:36:40 +0000

On 02/01/12 16:41, Peter Barada wrote:
On 01/02/2012 07:52 AM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
Hi Peter,

I've not tried for a couple of years, I believe at some point it built
on some platforms.  It was so problematic I put the default qtopia back
to version 2 in the build system.  Am I right in thinking it's obsolete
these days with the advent of later Qt versions?
Given all the changes in QT, I'd say qtopia-2.2.0 is now long in the
tooth.  Its still worth carrying along as some people may have QT-2
applications they want to maintain, but I'm sure a newer qtopia would help.

I've got Pierre's .rar file and am trying to put it together in my OMAP3
ARM universe (its missing a couple of patches that I've asked Pierre
for) and if I can get it to work, will create patches to integrate in
the current LTIB and pass them along...

Part of the problem in qtopia-4.3.0 (from what I can understand) is that
its cross compliation support clashes with LTIB since the spoofed tools
collide with qtopia's host tool checks (I see it using "which gcc" to
find the host compiler).  Of course Qtopia's qmake structure is
obtumakse enough that is very difficult to figure out how to fix it...

Hi Peter,

FWIW, you can unspoof within the ltib build environment at any time by saying (in the .spec file):

export PATH=$UNSPOOF_PATH

and then later (if you want) put it back with:

export PATH=$SPOOF_PATH