Re: [Ltib] Gutenprint 5.2.8 with LTIB

From: Mike Goins
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Gutenprint 5.2.8 with LTIB
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:40:26 -0500

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Andy Yew <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Mike,
>
> Thanks for the simple (beginner forgiving) explanation and also the
> ijsgutenprint example.
>
> As this makefile (ijsgutenprint) looks similar to some spec file language, i
> also think the spec file method you've suggested might work. Due to lack of
> experience, i'd like to ask for another help from you: Could you "roughly"
> write a "possible" spec file content for my case here (Gutenprint and
> extract-strings)?? For build, configure/compile, & install parts....
>
> After this draft is got, i'll test it out here....

I took the spec file and modified (more like hacked) it to get a host
extract-strings.  You may need work with it some more for the flags
you want.

Builds host version (as static so I don't have to manipulate libs).
Copies extract-strings to a hostbin folder and replaces it with a
wrapper script.
Cleans
Runs configure again for the build.
Removes the extract-strings dependency for generating the header file.
Builds.

It's not very robust (and certainly not upstream worthy), but does get
through that one stage.  Warning, when the cross build runs, it blows
away the wrapper script, but just right after that script is run.  Any
shift in the dependencies is likely to break the hack.  My build did
not complete since I am using a really old homegrown tool-chain, but I
expect like the codesourcery tools will not have the issue I did (well
after the extract-strings handling).

I did not go into the install/deploy, but I do not expect any issues
with those sections.  You can test that out.

Also, the version I found was suffixed with "-pre1", so adjust the
spec file appropriately.

> Thanks in advance!!
> Andy

Caught me in a good mood.