[Ltib] ipv6 LTIB issues

From: ldragun
Subject: [Ltib] ipv6 LTIB issues
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:42:55 -0700

Hi All,

I am running a LTIB (Kernel 2.6.32) / Freescale BSP (20100429)  and having some strange ipv6 stack problems. It seems like my target is not responding to ipv6 Neighbor Solicitation Messages (the ipv6 equivalent of ARP).  As a result I can't "ping" or connect with sockets to the embedded system over ipv6.  Everything works great over ipv4.  I am trying to see if I am missing some configuration parameter for ipv6 or if LTIB has a known issue with ipv6.  It seems that the ipv6 Neighbor Discovery is failing when initiated from an external host to the embedded system.  The embedded system can however successfully "ping" other ipv6 hosts on the network.  So ND is broken one way.  It would be great if anyone has any ideas as to what could be the root of the problem.

Thanks!