[Ltib] How to add module, specifically Open vSwitch

From: Stacy Meszaros
Subject: [Ltib] How to add module, specifically Open vSwitch
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 15:22:46 -0400

Hello all,

I’m quite new to the world of ltib as far as building new modules.  I have a few options for a project I am getting started with.

I can build Open vSwitch into the kernel or I can try adding a userspace module (ovs-vswitchd) to my existing (and working) environment.

I am building the kernel and rootfs for Embedded Linux on the Freescale MPC8308 processor.  I am using kernel version 2.6.29.  I have the openvswitch tar ball but do not know where to unzip it in my environment nor how to add it to the makefiles (if this step is required).

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Stacy