lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] New queueing code committed to HEAD

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-devel] New queueing code committed to HEAD
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 02:37:55 +0200

Hello,

I have just submitted new queueing code for lwIP, in
the right way(tm). From the commit message:

--
Applied cleaner new patch for bug #8708.
Implemented multiple packets on the outgoing queue in etharp.c.

The new code is introduced in pbuf.c revision 1.65 and etharp.c revision 1.57.

As I do not have a target available for a while, I must apologize for any regressions. I have added lots of assertion checks.

Future work in this area:

ARP will, when multiple packets are on the outgoing queue, submit
packets to the network link drivers one-by-one in a loop. This means
the linked list of pbufs is traversed both in etharp.c as well as in
the Ethernet driver.

In order to improve performance, I will modify the ethernetif. code to show how drivers should handle sending packets of the queue, which is
a *really* simple modification.

Regards, Leon.