lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20511] No persist timer

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20511] No persist timer
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:23:03 +0000

OK, I'll have to give that some thought.  I think it would need some
integration with the other parts of the tcp retransmission algorithm as it
could result in a large number of packets being retransmitted, and so we
should be updating some of the state.  It has the potential to be harmful in
that it could put packets onto the wire quite aggresively at a time of loss
(i.e. when you should be backing off).

I suspect the root of the problem is failing to recover properly when we do
get the window-opening ACK, rather than the probe that we send.

As to the condition in tcp_receive: no, it's deliberately like that to cope
with cases where packets have been reordered.  In words, it's approximating:
if segment contains new data
 or segment acks new data
 or segment increases the window
 then...